Effective January 12, 2019, all providers will be required to submit their Provider Enrollment Applications electronically via the Online Provider Enrollment (OPE) Tool at https://www.medicaid.nv.gov/hcp42/provider/Home/tabid/477/Default.aspx, as paper enrollment applications will no longer be accepted with the go-live of the new modernized Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). Please continue to review the modernization-related web announcements at https://www.medicaid.nv.gov/providers/Modernization.aspx for further details.
Thank you for your interest in the Nevada Medicaid and Nevada Check Up Program. This page contains all of the information and forms you will need to become a Nevada Medicaid provider. If you have any questions, please contact the Provider Enrollment Unit at (877) 638-3472 from 8a.m. to 5p.m. Monday through Friday.
Effective 12/1/2015, access Online Provider Enrollment for individual, group or OPR enrollments.
Provider Documentation Reminders: (See Web Announcement 1125 for reminders that will assist providers in adhering to the documentation responsibilities required of each Nevada Medicaid/Nevada Check Up provider.)
All enrollment documents including attachments require an original signature from the provider or an authorized representative (use dark blue or black ink).
Required Enrollment Documents
- Provider Enrollment Information Booklet: UPDATED FOR MMIS MODERNIZATION IMPLEMENTATION. All providers will need the information contained in this booklet, which includes common enrollment questions and information about out-of-state providers and provider groups.
- Enrollment Checklists: Copies of certain documents must be included with your Provider Enrollment Packet (e.g., copy of professional certification, proof of insurance, background check). The Enrollment Checklists show required documentation for each provider type.
- Business Associate Addendum (NMH-3820): This document must be signed and submitted with your Provider Enrollment/Revalidation Packet if it is listed on the Provider Enrollment Checklist for your Provider Type and when requested by the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP) or Nevada Medicaid.
- Advance Directives Compliance Self-Evaluation & Certification (NMH-3827): This form must be completed and submitted to DHCFP if it is listed on the Provider Enrollment checklist for your Provider Type.
- Civil Rights Compliance Self-Evaluation & Certification (NMH-3828): This form must be completed and submitted to DHCFP if it is listed on the Provider Enrollment checklist for your Provider Type.
Online Provider Enrollment User Manual
- Provider Revalidation Report: The Nevada Medicaid Provider Revalidation Report lists each provider and the date their next revalidation is due. To avoid contract termination, your revalidation application must be processed and approved prior to the revalidation due date.
Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Documents
- Web Announcement 1526:Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Annual Training Calendar Dates and Sign-up Guidelines for 2018 (Posted February 16, 2018)
- Web Announcement 1408:Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Annual Training Calendar Dates and Sign-up Guidelines for the Remainder of 2017 and Early 2018 (Posted July 17, 2017)
- Web Announcement 1008: Attention ALL Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Providers: Guidance Policy Available
- Web Announcement 861 with Training Schedule: Implementation of Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Option for Acute Care Hospitals (Provider Types 11 and 75)
- Nevada Medicaid Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Provider Addendum: Qualified hospitals must complete and submit the Nevada Medicaid Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Provider Addendum.
- Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Training Sign-Up Sheet: Complete this form listing the hospital employees that will be attending the mandatory training for Presumptive Eligibility. You will be notified by the DWSS in regards to the training dates and times. Keep in mind that each employee making PE determinations MUST be trained by DWSS and complete a competency examination prior to making ANY determinations.
Recommended Enrollment Documents
- Effective February 1, 2019, all providers will be required to submit their Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) enrollment application electronically via the Provider Web Portal [https://portaluat.medicaid.nv.gov/hcp/provider/Home] , as paper EDI application submissions will no longer be accepted with the go-live of the new modernized Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- Ordering, Prescribing and Referring Provider Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Changes to Provider Information
Changes to any information presented on your enrollment documents must be reported to Nevada Medicaid within five business days.
- To complete changes online, please login to the Secure Web Portal, and choose “Revalidate-Update Provider”.
- To report a change in business ownership, resubmit a completed Provider Enrollment Application.
- Provider license updates and voluntary terminations can be mailed or e-mailed to Nevada Medicaid for processing
Contact Information for Provider License Updates and Voluntary Terminations Only
Mail completed provider license updates and/or voluntary terminations to Nevada Medicaid, Provider Enrollment Unit, P.O. Box 30042, Reno, NV 89520-3042 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for processing